I want to SCREAM...!
Join with me in ending the great rebate rip off.
I have been seriously abused over the years in the rebate jungle
OK the rebate is submitted on time and correctly.. But, no rebate comes .. NEXT ..
- The manufacturer goes out of business.
- There is no one to talk to complain.
- There is a person at XYZ company to complain to, but XYZ does not pay the rebates, the rebates are
paid by a 3rd party rebate company.. call them.
- They can't find my application and ask me to resubmit.
- They sent the check and I didn't receive it, resend.
These company's are betting on ...
- The customer will forget about sending in the rebate application...
- The customer will send in the rebate application incorrectly...
- The customer will not be able to successfly navagate the rebate complaint process to success chasing after
their rebate ...
- The customer, if they do get to the correct department, will not bother continuing the chase for the rebate...
I seriously suspect the rebate companies use the same tactic as the medical insurance companies use.
I suspect that some employee is directed to just trash, deep six, round file a days mail here and there.
Just loose it.
In my mind this a form of fraud. The companies are promising money to the customer, but
actually plan on the customer not being able to jump through all the hoops to get it.
I would not be surprised if as much as 50% of all rebates are not applied for and
as many as 30% of all those rebate applications that are applied for go unsatisfied.
Personally I am fed up with the whole process and what to see rebates done away with, Permanently.
Or at the very least, have the rebate process handled immediately at the point-of-sale with the
store on the hook after 120 days if the rebate has not been received.